Friday 7 March 2008

dancer in the dark


The sound of my stilettos on the wet pavement. City smells like autumn. City gets quiet before the night. Total silence. Total stillness. When you breath in. When you become quiet.
I walk and I can feel my heart pounding. Faster and faster. Faster than I can count to ten. Faster than I can remember how it was for the first time. Then I only was waiting for the silence. And sun was playing on my face, my hair. I recognised him from the feeling. Recognised from how not recognisable he was. And stayed. We both remained the same - came across each other but never came to know each other.

He received me with a look of amazement.
So much time. So much of (not)waiting... So many goodbyes. Loud ones and even more silenced ones, which stop at the corner of the lip, at the corner of white sheets of paper.

He enumerated be and I became his equation. His theorem. Unsolvable secret.

We created each other out of fragments of words, pieces of looks, out of sunny summer air and never ending touches.

Morning always would come too soon. Most sensitive corners of the body of the soul... little areas of the skin and the silence. Dancers in the dark.

We were breathing and together we suffocated. We were dreaming that pregnant passion. That reckless passion and feeling that never were given birth to. Sometime, before were woke up. Because we understood each other. Almost.



Most beautiful goodbyes - not pronounced.
Most beautiful hellos - ones you have been waiting for.

I knew it then. And most probably you knew it too. We stopped breathing, exchanged the looks and suffocated.
I stopped being scared. You stopped looking.
So we remained.
Together. (Still) undiscovered.

No comments: